...ASAT restaurant ranking for August 20, 2008
2. Julian's Grocery deli dept.: You could rightly argue that it is technically not a restaurant, but I would counter by posing the question of "if it isn't at least a drive-in, then why I do I always eat three cannolis and half of the hummus before I pull out of the parking area?"
3. Sam's Hot Dog Stand: Mmmm, that sauce.
4. Rocco's: Just like a trip to NYC, without all of the a-holes. This is arguably the best Italian food in the state and is without a doubt the best south of Clarksburg.
5. M & M Dairy Bell: Bacon. Cheddar. Fries.
6. Nawab: The service is crappy, the prices are high, and I almost guarantee that they'll screw up your takeout order somehow, but that won't matter. Your food, though it might not be what you technically ordered, will still be a top notch example of commercial (ie not made by someone's grandma) Indian food at its best.
7. Panera: Carbs are officially back.
8. Jewel City Seafood: Might be the best seafood in a hundred mile radius.
9. Tudors: West Virginia is supposedly the second fattest state. Maybe the CDC might step in to limit the Biscuit World's expansion outside of WV & KY.
10. Husson's: Attention incoming Marshall freshmen: the best pizza is found just across from Old Main. Get off of your duffs and walk over instead of having one of the nat'l chains deliver.